All about Magento E-commerce Store.......MagentoForum: How to get Attributes values in magento

Saturday, February 26, 2011

How to get Attributes values in magento


Today I’m gona show you how to retrieve the product attributes in your Magento site.
First of all go to Catalog -> Attributes -> Manage Attributes
Edit your attribute. Set Used in product listing to yes.
In my case I want to add some of my own attributes to the product list.

Look for the product

Inside the file (it depens of where do you want to place the attributes) I look for:
$_product = $this->getProduct();
Just to be sure I have a variable wich contains the product.
Now after the function above I can start coding.

Examples

The function will only work for input text attributes.
It will looks like:
<?php echo $_product->getAttributeName(); ?>
Where AttributeName will be your custom attribute:
<?php echo $_product->getMyShoes(); ?>
<?php echo $_product->getColor(); ?>

Function Format

You have to capitalize your attribute name from shoes to Shoes.

Please Notice

From car_color to getCarColor();

No comments:

Post a Comment